Sam Harris speaks with Gavin de Becker about the primacy of human intuition in the prediction and prevention of violence.
- Teach your child to go to a woman if she is lost
- "Don't talk to strangers" is terrible advice - if you're in trouble you'll need a stranger to help. Learn to talk to strangers.
- Do the opposite of what [an attacker] says : "Don't move"? Run. "Be quiet"? Yell. "Don't tell"? Tell.
- Never let yourself be taken to a secondary crime scene.
- Unsolicited promises are a big warning sign.